The Best Support for Learning Thai Language
Online Learning Support
Free Trial Lesson
Why choose Effective Thai?
EXCLUSIVE Private Small Group
Our Small Group language classes are much more effective than larger classes of 10 students or more, common at other Thai Language schools. Great for families or friends who want to study together.
Download Course Detail here
Check your Thai level and receive result immediately
Check your Thai level and receive result immediately
To be accepted, you will be required to complete a placement test and interview to check your suitability for the course. Our course is selective; we only intend to teach those that show seriousness towards learning.
3,6,12 Month Education Visa Awarded by The Thai ministry of Education
Frequently Asked Questions
All nationalities are eligible; however, students holding nationality from several countries — including Pakistan, India, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka and most Middle Eastern countries — will need to apply for their initial visa in their home country.
Thai immigration collects (1,900 THB) for each visa extension.
It’s possible to enroll by either making a deposit payment through PayPal or bank transfer (please contact us for details), or by popping into the school and making a deposit payment in person.
The payment and visa process steps are as follows:
- 50% Deposit payment is the first step. The student can do this from the Effective Thai website by selecting a 100 hour or 200 hour course (group or 1-to-1) on the Schedule and Fees page.
- After that we will start preparing supporting documents for the Thai ED visa. In order to do that we need to know what Thai embassy/consul the student plans to apply for the visa. Each embassy requires different supporting documents. The student will be contacted by our member of staff regarding types of visa you would like to apply. The document preparation takes around 7 working days.
- The student should receive the initial 3-month stamp first for single entry non-immigrant Ed visa from the Thai embassy that you apply for. Once the student pays the balance payment before the Thai course start, their visa will be extended to six months year. Our members of staff will take care of all information and advise the student step-by-step here in Chiang Mai.
Effective Thai and the EFL Learning Centre has more than 15 years experience in processing visa applications. We have provided support for a wide variety of Thai visas to perhaps a thousand applicants from dozens of countries. The visa process is not guaranteed, however we have had a lot of success and are able to advise and support the vast majority of ED visa applicants.
- 50% deposit payment required to reserve seat, and to process Visa supporting documents.
- If the student cancels before supporting documents have been prepared, deposit is 50% refundable.
- If the student cancels after the supporting documents have been prepared, deposit is non-refundable.
- If the visa application is submitted at a Thai embassy/ consulate, the deposit is non-refundable.
- If the Visa is approved, or the course has already begun, the deposit payment is non-refundable.
You can study Thai with us if you have a tourist or non-immigrant visa, or visa-exempt permission to stay. Anyone who is legally in the country is able to take our Thai courses.
Yes. Our school is licensed by the Thai Ministry of Education, and our Thai-language curriculum has been accepted by Thai Immigration as appropriate for issuing and extending non-immigrant ED (Education) visas.
Initially, you will be issued by our staff with the paperwork to obtain a 3-month single-entry non-immigrant ED visa from a Thai consulate or embassy. From Chiang Mai, the Thai embassy in Vientiane, Laos is usually most convenient, though there are other options such as Savannakhet, Laos and Yangon, Myanmar, among others. On commencement of study, the necessary paperwork will be prepared to support additional 3-month and 6-month extensions.
3-month and 6-month ED Visa support is available. For ED Visas, classes must be a minimum of 2 lessons per day/4-5 days per week. 3-month (90-day) ED visas can be extended within the country and continuing students are able to stay in Thailand for 3, 6, 9, or 12 months.
For those attending a 200 lesson course, the 6-month non-immigrant Ed visa can be extended for 3 months from the initial 90-days, up to a total of 6 months. Those wishing to enroll in an additional 200 lesson course can extend up to 12 months in total. For each extension of 3 months there is a fee of 1,900 THB payable to Thai Immigration.
An English-speaking member of our staff will accompany you to immigration. Our staff will lead and guide the student through the visa-extension process at Chiang Mai immigration office.
We provide 6-month Education (ED) Visa support for students who register for a minimum of 200 lessons of 1-to-1 or small group classes. For 12-month visa support, the minimum is 200 + 200 (400) lessons of 1-to-1 or small group classes.
Study schedules are arranged according to students’ availability. For 1-to-1 students, the schedule is very flexible. For small group students, the group agrees together on a schedule, so students can study on the days and times that are convenient for them. To qualify for an ED Visa, the schedule for classes must be a minimum of 2 lessons per day/4-5 days per week. Lessons are 50 minutes each.
Students can study on a one-to-one basis or in small group of 2–6 students.